Standardizing Data Delivery Improves the Process Flow Of Supply Chain Logistics Partners.
A large, multinational technology corporation needed to modernize its outdated supply chain data pipeline. The legacy system was built ad hoc, using non-standard interfaces and communications channels, which were customized to each individual logistics partner. As new partners came on board, the system became increasingly difficult to manage and maintain. It was notably difficult for large partners with more than one channel due to the number of systems that had to be integrated. The client wanted a system that was flexible enough to handle the variety of logistics data, and that also provided consistent data delivery across all partners and channels.
- Outdated technology created obstacles when engaging with new logistics partners.
- The technology wasn’t consistent across all the different types of partnerships.
- An agreement of common data structure across all partners and the client was needed.
- The client wanted a system with consistent data delivery and consumption not only with external partners but also between their internal departments.
- Consolidate the different modes of technical interaction into a modern cloud-native platform.
- Define common data structures and formats in JSON schemas which are universally supportive of all of the potential different partnerships.
- Provide a RESTful web service API to deliver structured data into the client’s supply chain ecosystem.
- Design a Docker file structure to build the deployment services, simplifying the DevOps continuous delivery process.
- Ease of Management and Scale: The new platform simplified maintenance and allowed the client to easily scale through the adoption of common data structures, and autonomous and secure web services.
- Flexibility: Universal data delivery and consumption that can be applied to any partnership and channel, including the client’s internal business units, both now and in the future.
- Ease of Future Enhancements: Using standard technologies such as Docker, Qwinix created a design that enables self-service for future development.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Cloud-Native monitoring and alerts to ensure platform health and responsiveness.
- Reporting: Reports across all partners or on individual partners can now be easily generated. Reports are customizable and can include activity, performance, and errors.