Qwinix and AWS Transform Smart Home Community Living with AYU.
AYU (Ah-yoo) - a secure, subscription-based platform, helps members of residential communities find amenities within their communities - such as transit information, home maintenance scheduling, parcel collection, and community events. AYU, Sanskrit for “life”, seized the opportunity to create smart home living for multi-dwelling units by tapping into the expertise of Qwinix Technologies and leveraging Amazon Web Services.
- High CPU usage caused frequent server crashes.
- The team faced issues when updating the stack.
- Integrating with a variety of third party providers.
Qwinix chose highly efficient technical solutions that allowed for automation and version control during updates as well as high availability and scalability.
- Packer for AMI solutions - the Packer and Server images are both provisioned using 2 interconnected CICD pipelines (CodePipeline->CodeCommit->CodeDeploy) created via CloudFormation.
- Auto Scaling Groups with load balancers for high availability and high scalability solutions.
- Designed and built a flexible third party integration solution to accommodate integration schema changes.
- The application’s availability improved with an increase in performance, due to the use of AWS services.
- The database has been secured using RDS service and security groups.
- Rich data opportunity for multiple stakeholders - including property managers and builders - to reduce spending and increase profits.
- Instead of downloading countless apps, AYU allows users to order groceries, pay utility bills, schedule a dog walker, and purchase concert tickets all in one app on one device.
“AYU is an awesome application to control devices and automation. There was nothing I came across that Qwinix couldn’t support”
- AYU user